Membership of IICN offers many benefits, including access to journals in partnership with the BMJ, and attendance at conferences and other events.
There are a number of benefits from membership of the IICN.
- Submit and support the submission of abstracts by members of their team, to IICN meetings
- Vote at the IICN Annual General Meeting and at Extraordinary General Meetings
- Be nominated as a Director of the Board of the IICN
- Propose new Members of the IICN
- Access European online journals, including:
- European Journal of Neurology
- Practical Neurology
- Benefit from reduced registration fees as members of European Academy of Neurology (EAN).
- Enjoy membership of the World Federation of Neurology (WFN), including digital copy of World Neurology
- Benefit from membership of UEMS.
Application for membership of the IICN is open to medical doctors who practise in the neuroscience disciplines. Applications must be supported by an existing member of the IICN.
To download the application form please click here
The Board of Directors of the IICN, elected by the membership yearly at the Annual General Meeting, governs the organisation and directs the activities of the Institute. There are currently 9 members of the Board.
The IICN Board generally meets 6 to 8 weekly to direct the IICN programme of activity for the coming period. Regular agenda items include planning of educational meetings, research grants schedules and other company business.
If you have an item that you wish to bring to the attention of the IICN Board please contact a Board member in advance of the next scheduled meeting
IICN Board of Directors 2023
Officer Role Dr. John McConville Dean (Chairperson) Prof. Simon Cronin Secretary Dr. Lisa Costelloe Treasurer Dr. Seán O'Dowd Director Prof. Brian Sweeney Director Dr. Ferghal McVerry Director Prof. Sinéad Murphy Director Dr. Raymond Carson Director Dr. Martin O'Donnell Director
The next meeting of the IICN Board of Directors will take place on Wednesday, December 9th 2020 by Zoom at 19.30